Wick Harbour suffers from excessive wave action during easterly prevailing storms. Marine investigation was carried out to determine ground conditions ahead of the design and construction of a “Harbour Gate” to reduce the impact of such waves.
The site Investigation works carried for this project comprised the following elements:
- 3 nr Cable percussion boreholes
- 3 nr Rotary cored boreholes
- In-situ testing
- Geotechnical soils laboratory testing
- Environmental soils laboratory testing
- Factual and interpretative reporting
- All works to be completed and draft report provided within a tight timescale.
- Ensure a minimum of disturbance to commercial traffic using the busy port.