Firmus Energy Ltd
A combined marine geotechnical and geophysical investigation was carried out along the route of a proposed new gas main, crossing the River Foyle close to Lisahally Port.
The site Investigation comprised the following elements:
- Undertaking a bathymetric survey along the route of a new proposed submarine pipeline
- Sub Bottom profiling of river bed sediments using both Geoaccoustics CHIRP sub-bottom profiling system.
- Side scan sonar survey using a Klein 3000 “tow fish”
- Magnetic gradiometry survey to locate and identify buried metallic debris
- 6nr marine cable percussion with rotary core follow on to depths of up to 25m below river bed, undertaken from a jack up barge.
- 3nr land cable percussion and rotary boreholes at landfalls on the north and south river banks
- Laboratory testing
- Factual and interpretative reporting