Prior to the construction of Carrowdore Solar Farm, Whiteford Geoservices undertook ground investigation works to determine geotechnical and geophysical parameters to inform engineering design works.
The site Investigation works carried for this project comprised the following elements:
- Trial Pit analysis
- SHDP Dynamic Probing
- In-situ California Bearing Ratio testing
- Electrical grounding surveys for earthing grid design
- Geotechnical laboratory testing
- Factual and interpretative reporting
- All works to be completed and draft report provided within a tight timescale.
- Use of light plant to ensure a minimum of disturbance to sensitive environments