Renewables Energy Systems Ltd
Prior to the construction of Wigton Windfarm, Whiteford Geoservices undertook preliminary ground investigation works to determine geotechnical data ahead of engineering design works.
The preliminary investigation comprised the following main elements:
- Excavation of trial holes at the proposed location of each wind turbine generator, substation, compound and along the proposed access track network.
- Geological assessment to assess rock quality for on-site quarrying operations.
- Electrical Grounding surveys carried out at each turbine and at the proposed sub station location.
- In-situ thermal resistivity testing of soils
- In-situ monitoring of sub-surface ground temperature variation
- Laboratory testing
- Factual and interpretative reporting